Albert Einstein defined insanity as the act of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
By that definition, the idea of me making ANOTHER set of New Year’s resolutions is totally insane.
So I won’t.
But, a to do list is a completely different thing.
I love making to do lists. It’s so satisfying when you can check off a completed task. And I feel absolutely no pressure to finish everything on the list. If I did that, what would I have to carry over to my new list?!
So without further ado, and because the clock is ticking down on New Year’s Day, here’s what I came up with. My 2015 to do list.
15 in 2015
In 2015 I Will…
- Shower my grandsons with as many hugs and kisses as they will allow.
- Try new wines.
- Improve my knife skills. (For cooking not for surgery or being a ninja.)
- Learn HTML code. Also, hire someone to help me when I screw up the HTML.
- Attend at least three Notre Dame home football games. I would prefer victories if that’s ok.
- Visit Napa, Sonoma and Santa Barbara wine countries. (See #2)
- Sign up for French lessons.
- Pay it forward whenever I can.
- Read more. And I mean books, not People Magazine or TMZ.
- Become more active on Instagram (for Clare).
- Host not one but TWO wine tasting parties to make up for the fact that we skipped 2014.
- Wear my yoga pants for yoga and not just for grocery shopping.
- Make plans to meet – in person – some of the fabulous bloggers who have been so kind and supportive.
- MOVE BACK TO CHICAGO!
- Finally, and most importantly, take every opportunity to celebrate the blessings of family and friends. Nothing else matters without them, right?
Wishing you all a year filled with love and laughter, many more highs than lows, good health, good fortune and an abundance of blessings.
You Might Also Like: