Now for some fun.
The fabulous Kristen from 31 Million Seconds nominated me for the Sunshine Award! This means that I get to answer some questions about myself and then pass the torch to 10 blog pals.
Kristen’s questions for me were:
- Night owl or early bird? Definitely a night owl especially when my husband is out of town. I stay up waaaaay too late.
- Would you rather be hot or cold? I hate being hot. I love the cold weather and snow. My theory is that if you are cold you can put on more layers of clothes. If you are hot you can only take off so many layers before someone calls the police.
- If you could only eat one thing, every meal, for the rest of your life, what would it be? I’m a simple girl – pizza. I have been known to eat pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner and am proud of it.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? I would choose the ability to teleport instantly from place to place. Although I wouldn’t earn as many frequent flyer miles, I would spend a lot less on plane tickets.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a lawyer like my dad. Except that I have a terrible memory and don’t like to read very much so it wasn’t going to work out for me. Instead I became an accountant (YIPPEE!) and have a son, son-in-law and daughter-in-law who are attorneys. REPRESENT!
- What do you miss most about being a kid? I was lucky enough to go to overnight camp with my sister for several summers when we were kids. I had an absolutely incredible and memorable time and am so, so thankful that I was given that opportunity.
- If you had one hour of free time right now, what would you do with it? I would call my kids and FaceTime with my grand babies. Then I would call my mom.
- What is the most played song on your iPod? Although it was not listed as one of my three favorite CDs, I tend to hit “replay” the most when R.E.M.’s “It’s The End of the World As We Know It” plays. One of these days I’m going to master all of the lyrics and be able to sing it from start to finish. (Plus, random fact, it references debaters – folks who are near and dear to my heart.)
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? This is the easiest question of all. If I could live anywhere in the world it would be in my beloved Chicago. My dream is to have a condo in the River North neighborhood and my wonderful house in the suburbs. Peter says that the condo in the city is called “a hotel”. Seems he doesn’t want to own that much real estate in Cook County.
- If you could time travel, either into the past or the future, where would you like to go? Wow, this is a tough one. I presume I am visiting just to see what’s going on and not to change the course of history. (Sorry, I tend to over think things…) I would probably go back in time to see the movie of my life. As previously mentioned, I have a terrible memory so it would be nice to re-live my childhood and my kids’ childhood. If given the chance to see everything again, I’d try really, really hard to commit each minute to memory.
Now it’s my turn to spread the love. The 10 bloggers I am nominating for The Sunshine Award are:
Maybe you just want to do the questions and not forward the ten nominations. That is A-OK. This is not a chain letter and no curse will befall you, I promise. Participate as much or as little as you want.
But if you DO want to join in the fun, here are the “rules”:
- Include the award logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself and write 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
Ready to play? Here are my questions for you:
- Where were you born?
- Do you prefer romantic comedies or suspense thrillers?
- What is your favorite sport (to watch or to participate in)?
- What is your favorite sound?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Do you have a special talent?
- PC or Mac?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- Do you collect anything?
- If you could instantly be an expert in any field, what would it be?
Enjoy!Thanks for stopping by,
You Might Also Like: