Recap – Humor Helps Every Situation
Happy Labor Day!
Last night we hosted our annual wine tasting party. It was a blast and a huge success.
A perfect weekend (once I got my lost luggage back) except for one teeny, tiny snafu: our air conditioner chose this week to stop working.
Three things kept this mechanical failure from ruining the party.
- Although the temperature had been in the 90s earlier in the week, on Sunday it cooled down a few degrees. Thanks to lots of fans and an occasional breeze the house stayed at a “comfortable” 85 degrees.
- We have the best friends, ever and they didn’t complain about the conditions. Not once.
- We served a whole bunch of really great wine.
Here is a partial list of the wines we enjoyed:
- 2005 Saffirio Montfort d’Alba Barolo
- 2005 Hall Napa Valley Cabernet Franc
- 2004 Dominus Estate Proprietary Red Wine
- 1999 Far Niente Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2005 Harris Estate “Lakeview Vineyards” Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2004 Kathryn Kennedy Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2004 Waypoint Beckstoffer To Kalon Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2010 Lewis Chardonnay
- 2010 Terlan Alto Adige Pinot Grigio
- 2009 Walter Hansel “Cuvee Alyce” Chardonnay
- 2009 Kistler Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
- 2008 Winderlea Dundee Hills Winderlea Vineyard Pinot Noir
- 2010 Wallis Family Estate Little Sister Red Blend
- 2006 Darioush Shiraz
- 2009 Nickel & Nickel Bonfire Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel
- 2003 Joseph Phelps Insignia
It was an evening of great wine, great food and great friends. We joked about the unpleasant temperature situation and just enjoyed being together.
To celebrate wine AND humor – both of which make any situation better – here are a few fabulous ditties that my friend Lindsey sent me. Cheers!
Thanks for stopping by,
You Might Also Like: